VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
- A club created at CSULB with the goal of fostering in-demand skills for the video-game industry. As the Logo/UI Artist, I designed the branding identity and assisted in the development of a free games The Last Arrow.
- The main idea was to communicate the idea of BUILDING video-games by combining the iconography of the controller with 8-bit pixel art. Orange & grey were used to differentiate it before other video-game development.
- Orange: #ff8400 | RGB: 255, 132, 0
- Grey: #3d3d3d | RGB: 61, 61, 61
- Font: BankGothic Lt Bt
- The Last Arrow is a free PC/mobile game developed by the VGDA at CSULB. Players take control of Xun, a lone archer who must fight waves of demons by catching incoming arrows and firing them right back!
- Inspired from Asian sumi brush stroke, the logo uses deep, vibrant warm colors to symbolize the flames of war. The backdrop can be interpreted as either an arrow or as a mountain.
- Title was originally “The Last Stand” early in development, but was changed to avoid being associated with a terrible X-Men sequel. Worked with Michael Clute for this logo.